Wound and Skin care
Burgess Square offers residents and patients extensive and highly effective wound and skin care. Our wound care team is comprised of the wound nurse, a registered dietitian, an attending physician and physical and occupational therapists. Individualized treatment plans are prepared for each resident. Our nursing staff understands the complex factors that can lead to pressure sores and wounds and are trained to properly identify, treat, and prevent these conditions.
The program includes:
- Weekly rounding by our physician specializing in wound care
- Extensive monitoring through weekly skin evaluation rounds
- Minimizing pressure on compromised areas
- Maintaining proper hydration and nutrition
- Monitoring weights
- Managing diabetes and peripheral vascular disease
- Providing appropriate preventative skin care and hygiene
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Restorative therapy
- Advanced modality treatments
The care and services provided at Burgess Square are as individual as our patients and residents. Our staff and your attending physician form an interdisciplinary team that delivers a comprehensive program of specialized care designed to maximize your healthcare potential.
Specialized Care and Medical Services:
Contact us to let us know your thoughts, needs, compliments and concerns.
Long Term Care
Visit Burgess Square YouTube channel
The Power of Therapy
What makes us different?
Transitional Rehab Unit
Advanced Practice Nurses
Palliative Care and Hospice
Medicare and Insurance Coverage
Take a look inside Burgess Square
Contact the Joint Commission with complements or concerns:
Online: Submit a new complaint
Mail: Office of Quality Monitoring
The Joint Commission
One Renaissance Boulevard
Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois 60181
5801 S. Cass Ave.
Westmont, IL 60559